PRATT, Kan. (KAKE) -- A Kansas woman has been charged in connection to a fire that killed her two sons late last year.
The fire happened on December 23 at a Pratt home in the 600 block of High Street. When crews arrived, they said the house was already consumed by fire.
Destry Ibarra, was able to escape and was treated at a Wichita hospital. But her twins, 23-month-olds Jayce and Jasper, were unable to get out and died at the scene.
The fire was later ruled accidental by the Kansas state fire marshal's office, caused by a grease fire as the result of careless cooking.
On Thursday, Ibarra was charged with two felony counts of aggravated endangering of a child. She posted bond, which was set at $15,000, and was released.
Her first court appearance is scheduled for May 7. The county attorney's office said the investigation is ongoing.
Posted by: Nick Viviani
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.