House Fire In Northwest Manhattan

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) - A house fire in northwest Manhattan required the help of several fire teams.

Thursday afternoon the Manhattan Fire Department was dispatched to 3114 Gary Avenue for a report of a structure fire. Upon arrival, crews found a two story single family residence with smoke and fire visible from the roof.

Firefighters initially attempted to control the fire from the interior of the building, but due to strong wind gusts and the roof collapsing, crews were forced out of the building.

The fire reached a second alarm before it was contained within approximately one hour. No one was home at the time of the fire; however, two dogs and one cat were rescued from the building.

Estimated damages include $150,000 for the structure and another $50,000 for the contents.

The cause of the fire is listed as accidental due to discarded smoking materials.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 240681531