HOLTON, Kan. (WIBW-TV) Hospital officials at Holton Community Hospital say the building was evacuated because of a gas leak.
CEO Carrie Saia told 13 News that employees smelled gas inside the building around 6:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Saia says that 911 was called and everyone was evacuated from the hospital.
Kansas Gas Service was called to the scene and located the leak.
The hospital was re-opened just before 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
During the shutdown, the hospital's emergency room was closed and that all patients would needing emergency care be transported to Topeka.
Clinics in Hoyt and Wetmore were not affected.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.