Wanamaker Reopens After Firefighters Extinguish House Fire

By: Nick Viviani
By: Nick Viviani

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 5400 block of SW Wanamaker Road Tuesday night. The stretch of road in front of the home was blocked for a short period so firefighters could safely battle the blaze.

Crews were called to the home, at 5436 SW WanamakerRoad, around 8:15 p.m. The fire reportedly started in a car and spread to the home. They had it under control around 9:00 p.m.

State Fire Marshal Wally Roberts said the fire was caused by an unspecified malfunction in the vehicle.

No injuries have been reported.

Posted by: Nick Viviani


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263570471 - wibw.com/a?a=263570471
Gray Television, Inc.