TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- An early Friday morning fire caused about $250,000 in damage to a Topeka restaurant.
The Topeka Fire Department responded to the Casa Restaurant about 1:30 a.m. Friday morning following a report of smoke.
Once fire crew reached the restaurant located at 3320 SW Topeka Blvd., they noted smoke coming building and issued full structure alarm at 1:38 a.m. and dispatched additional crews.
The Topeka Fire Department crews forced entry into the restaurant where they found heavy smoke and flames inside.
Following a search of the restaurant and no occupants were found, the fire was extinguished and the smoke was ventilated.
A TFD Investigation Unit was on the scene and provided 13 NEWS with the following summary;
• Preliminary investigation indicates the fire cause was accidental.
• The origin was determined to be within the food buffet.
• Estimated dollar loss – $175,000 in structural damage and $75,000 in content loss.
• This fire had an initial response of three (3) Engine Companies, one (1) Aerial Ladder, one (1) Truck Company, two (2) Battalion Chiefs and an Investigator.
• Other agencies on scene providing assistance; Topeka Police Department, AMR, Kansas Gas Service and Westar Energy.