TECUMSEH, Kan. (WIBW) -- Investigators with the State Fire Marshal's Office say a space heater is to blame for a house fire Wednesday morning.
Shawnee Heights fire crews were called around 6:40 am to 5132 Southeast 4th Terrace.
Battalion Chief Scott Price says crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames in the home. He says the owner and his two pets had gotten out safely.
Price says vegetation around the home posed some difficulty but crews were able to quickly knock down the fire. They remained on the scene, putting out hot spots.
The home was heavily damaged.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.