Fire Damages Unoccupied Home In NE Topeka

By: Stephanie Schultz
By: Stephanie Schultz

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Investigators are trying to get to the bottom of what sparked a blaze in a North Topeka home a few hours earlier.

Fire crews were called around 5:00 p.m. to 1522 Northeast Monroe.

Fire damaged the second story of the home. No one was inside at the time. Crews believe the occupants were in the process of moving out.

It's unknown how much damage the fire caused.

One firefighter was treated on scene after he became overheated.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 223062641