Residents Escape Fire At Central Topeka Home

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW-TV) -- Everyone safely escaped a home in central Topeka after a fire broke out in the basement.

Shawnee County Dispatch told 13 News that around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, crews from the Topeka Fire Department reported smoke coming from the home at 1111 SW Horne when they arrived.

They told us that all occupants were safely away from the structure when fire crews began attacking the blaze.

Dispatch said it took firefighters about ten minutes to get the fire under control.

Firefighters told us the blaze had spread up to the home's first floor.

Officials say the cause of the fire is electrical and caused $15,000 damage to the structure, and another $10,000 to contents.

No injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 228742531 - wibw.com/a?a=228742531
Gray Television, Inc.