TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - An excavating company will pay a $5,000 fine for a gas leak that led to a January 2012 explosion that claimed a woman's life.
81-year-old Lucinia Tolliver died after a worker from N-Line excavating company hit a gasline in a neighbors yard, leading to a blast that destroyed her home on Navajo.
The Kansas Corporation Commission Wednesday affirmed an order fining N-Line.
The order also finds Kansas Gas Service violated three safety regulations, and that KGS first responders were not trained properly to investigate the leak.
They recommended a $15,000 fine against KGS.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.