HOLTON, Kan. (WIBW)-- A Holton senior center and some homes were evacuated Wednesday after digging crews broke a gas line.
Utility crews were working in the 300 block of Pennsylvania when the accident occurred, according to Holton Police Chief Gayle Gakle.
A gas line, which Gakle described as small, was ruptured as crews dug near a residence. The rupture caused what was called a small leak.
A few homes and a nearby senior center were evacuated as a precautionary measure. Big Mike's Restaurant voluntarily evacuated while crews worked to stop the gas leak.
As of 2:30 p.m. Wednesday crews were still working to repair the leak.