Fireworks To Blame For Senior Living Center Blaze

By: Justin Surrency, KVOE Radio
By: Justin Surrency, KVOE Radio

Emporia, Kan.--WIBW A fire that has left 21 residents homeless now has a cause...

Emporia Fire officials say smoldering fireworks rolled up against the building caused a fire at Sterling House in Emporia Friday night.

The resulting fire destroyed most of the assisted living facility and left 21 residents displaced.

Improperly disposed fireworks were also the cause of two other fires in Emporia Saturday.

Still Pictures Courtesy Of: KVOE.com/Chuck Samples


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265892311 - wibw.com/a?a=265892311
Gray Television, Inc.