From the Nemaha County Sheriff's Office, July 15, 2013
1. Rodney J. Scoggins, Jr., 28, Hiawatha, KS was arrested on 7-13-2013 by Sabetha PD for the offenses of Disorderly Conduct, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, Criminal Threat and Interference with Law Enforcement. Scoggins remains in custody.
2. Oseas E. Salazar, 24, Kansas City, KS was arrested on 7-13-2013 by KHP for the offense of Driving Without a License. Salazar was released on 7-13-2013 on $250 cash bond with a court date of 8-13-2013 at 9 a.m.
3. Austin Nider, 19, Pawnee City, NB was arrested on 7-14-2013 by NMSO for the offense of Driving Under the Influence and Transporting An Open Container. Nider was released on $1,000 bond on 7-14-2013 with a court date of 8-6-2013 at 10 a.m.
4. Bridget L. Archer, 44, Goff was arrested on 7-14-2013 by NMSO for the offense of Domestic Battery. Archer remains in custody.
5. Charles R. Smith, II, 32, Sabetha was arrested on 7-13-2013 by Sabetha PD for the offenses of Aggravated Assault and Kidnapping. Smith remains in custody.
6. Michael F. Vogel, 23, Sabetha was arrested on 7-13-2013 by Sabetha PD on a Nemaha County Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear. Vogel remains in custody.
1. Sometime between 7-5-2013 at 11:00 p.m. and 7-7-2013 at 11:00 a.m. an unknown person removed the tag from a vehicle which was parked at the intersection of L4 Road and K-71 Highway. Approximately $30 loss.
2. Sometime between 6-26-2013 at 12:00 a.m. and 7-1-2013 at 11:59 p.m. an unknown person or persons entered the residence at 1104 4th Street, Centralia and damaged property belonging to the owner. Loose change was also stolen from the residence. Approximately $174 loss.
3. Sometime between 6-21-2013 at 4:00 p.m. and 7/12/2013 at 8:16 a.m., an unknown person or persons broke the window of a Link-Belt LS-78 crane that was parked ½ mile west of the intersection of K Road and 136th Road. Approximately $400 loss.
1. Sometime in the early morning hours of 7-14-2013 Kayla R. Strathman, 20, Baileyville was traveling southbound on State Highway 63 approximately .4 miles south of 24th Road. Her vehicle drifted off the right side of the roadway, began to broadslide and hit a field driveway. The vehicle then became airborne and rolled, ejecting Strathman from the vehicle. At 4:40 a.m. Nemaha County 911 received a call from an individual who came upon the accident scene. EMS and law enforcement responded to the scene. Strathman was pronounced deceased at the scene. She was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe.
2. On 7-8-2013 at 9:01 p.m. Susan I. Dannels, 53, Vermillion was traveling westbound on Highway 9 approximately ¾ mile east of W6 Road when she struck a deer. She was driving a 2012 Hyundai Tuscon. Over $1,000 damage.
3. On 7-8-2013 at 4:16 pm. Stephen W. Fangman, 51, Seneca was traveling northbound on M Road approaching 184th Road. Caitlyn Kuhlmann, 17, Bern was traveling westbound on 184th Road approaching M Road to make a left turn. Due to a tree line, the vision of both drivers obstructed, and the vehicles collided in the intersection. Fangman crossed the roadway and struck a power pole. Fangman was driving a 2006 Honda Civic, and Kuhlman was driving a 2001 Buick Lesabre. Over $1,000 damage.
4. On 7-5-2013 at 10:26 p.m. Bethany L. Platt, 15, Bern was traveling northbound on K-63 ½ mile north of 208th Road when she ran over a deer lying in the roadway which had been previously struck. Platt was driving a 2007 Volkswagen Beetle. Over $1,000 damage.
5. On 7-6-2013 at 6:10 p.m. Tina M. Walkowiak, 45, Seneca was traveling westbound on K-9 highway just east of T4 Road when her vehicle struck a deer. Walkowiak was driving a 2002 Ford F150. Over $1,000 damage.