TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- A photography project gone wrong is what caused a fast spreading grass fire along Topeka's southwest side.
The Topeka Fire Department responded to a grass fire shortly before 9 pm at SW 6th and Wanamaker road.
Fire crews say several kids were experimenting with a photography project and twirled a flaming piece of steel wool for artistic effect.
Sparks were created from the action and ignited an area of dry grass.
Crews extinguished the flames in about a half an hour. Officials say there were no injuries and no damage to personal property.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.