Contractor Working At State Juvenile Facility Suffers Electrical Shock

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A plumbing contractor suffered a minor shock while working at the state's juvenile correctional facility Friday.

Department of Corrections spokesperson Jeremy Barclay tells 13 News that the incident happened just before noon. He says a 25-year-old employee with McElroy's was doing pipefitting work when he suffered an electrical shock.

Barclay says the man was sitting up and talking when emergency responders arrived, but was taken to the hospital by ambulance as a precaution.

Barclay says no youth were in the building where the incident occurred.