Cigarette Butts To Blame For SE Topeka House Fire

By: Stephanie Schultz
By: Stephanie Schultz

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Cigarette butts may be to blame for a house fire in southeast Topeka Monday morning.

Crews were called just before 11:00 a.m. to the home near SE 25th and Michigan.

Officials tell 13 News two people were outside smoking when they put the cigarette butts out in a canister on the deck behind the house, and then went to bed.

A law enforcement official saw smoke coming from the back of the home and woke the two people up.

The fire caused about $4,000 in damages to the exterior of the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 242276471 - wibw.com/a?a=242276471
Gray Television, Inc.