Candle Knocked Over Causes Fire

By: Chelsey Moran
By: Chelsey Moran

GREEN, Kan. (WIBW) - More crews were quickly dispatched to the scene of a structure fire that happened Friday evening in Green, Kan.

The Riley County Fire District was called to 16250 Fancy Creek Road around 5:45 p.m.

A teenager and a child were outside of the home when crews from the Mayday Fire Station arrived and reported the fire to be in an upstairs bedroom.

Firefighters made entry and quickly knocked the blaze down, keeping it from extending to the rest of the house.

Crews estimated about $4,000 in damage to the bedroom. The cause of the fire appeared to be a candle that was knocked over.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191520671