7 Year-Old Saves Kansas City Family From Fire

By: Nick Viviani
By: Nick Viviani

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (CBS) -- A 7-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero for saving his family from a fire.

Damarion Scott woke up two other family members inside his home near 42nd Street and Douglas Avenue after he smelled smoke and saw a space heater on fire.

His mother ran up the street to a neighbor's house to make a 911 call shortly after 4 a.m. Thursday.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, the entire house was engulfed in flames.

Damarion said one of their family dogs died in the fire.

Investigators have not said for sure how the fire started. The Red Cross is helping the displaced family.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 237337231