TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- It seems like the flu is everywhere this year. The CDC said it saw widespread flu activity in 35 states, including Kansas, last week, up from 25 states the previous week.
To help contain it, the American Red Cross recommends taking the following five steps if you're sick or haven't caught it yet.
If you are sick they also say you should receive immediate medical if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Fast breathing, trouble breathing or bluish skin color.
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen (adults).
- Confusion or sudden dizziness.
- Not drinking enough fluids, not being able to eat, or severe or persistent vomiting.
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough.
- Children - not waking up, being so irritable that the child does not want to be held or not interacting. Fever with a rash. No tears when crying or significantly fewer wet diapers than normal.