Cooking Blamed for Fire at Topeka Home

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

A Topeka home went up in flames when officials say the owner fell asleep with a pan of bacon cooking on the stove.

It happened in the 400 block of Lime just before noon Thursday.

Fire crews say smoke was coming out of the house when they arrived on scene. Three rotweiller dogs that belong to the owner of the house were blocking the door to get in, so fire crews called animal control in to help.

They were able to extinguish the fire pretty quickly. No injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39174887 - wibw.com/a?a=39174887