Topeka Fire crews were on the scene of a structure fire late Monday night.
Crews were called to a home at 906 SE Wear just before 10 pm. They arrived to find the back of a home fully engulfed.
Shift Commander Allen Bradshaw says crews got the fire out within 20 minutes, but it was enough time for the flames to gut the inside of the home.
Bradshaw says it's believed cooking sparked the fire, but the investigation continues.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.