(Melvern, KS)--Joey is a community dog, usually taken care of by Shelly Criqui. When she noticed Joey had gone missing, she gathered friends and co-workers to search -- and almost gave up hope after two weeks.
But when her neighbor found the dog -- Shelly was shocked. Joey had been trapped in a snare, which dug through her skin and into her ribs. it is a horrific reminder to always check traps once every 24 hours to make sure innocent animals remain unharmed.
Click the video to see Joey's incredible story. Warning -- it does contain graphic images of the injury.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.