Smoke Causes Dentention Center Evacuation

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

Topeka, Kan.- The Forbes Juvenile Detention Center was evacuated for about a half hour Wednesday night.

Authorities say they got a call that there was smoke in the building. When they arrived, they discovered it was a problem with the boiler.

The facility houses juvenile males in the care of the state. No one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37248664 - wibw.com/a?a=37248664