Man lights 50 Sparklers at Once, Loses Fingers

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) _ A Hutchinson man is minus at least two fingers after a homemade explosive blew up in his hand at his home.

Authorities say the 44-year-old man had tied together about 50 sparklers at around noon Sunday, and lit a homemade fuse. The bundle exploded, ripping his fingers and leaving burns on his arm.

The man, whose name has not been released, was airlifted to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.

Hutchinson police say the man could face charges since fireworks are illegal within city limits.

___

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36829194