Authorities on Monday said the 15 people, including several children, ere members of two families living in the same Garden City home.
They said at least one of the people had been feeling ill and suffering fainting spells for the last couple of days. But no one alerted authorities until everyone in the single-family house became sick.
Emergency officials say most of the victims were admitted for observation and treatment.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause dizziness, convulsions and death. Carbon-monoxide poisoning is more common in the winter by poorly ventilated gas-burning heaters and kitchen stoves.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.