Some major attacks in India since 2005, most blamed on Islamic militants:
- Nov. 26, 2008: Series of shooting and grenade attacks, including two on luxury hotels, kill at least 78 people and wound at least 200 in Mumbai, India's main commercial city.
- Sept. 13, 2008: At least five explosions in crowded shopping areas kill 21 and wound 100 in New Delhi, national capital.
- July 26, 2008: Some 16 small bombs explode in Ahmedabad, killing 45.
- July 25, 2008: Seven small bombs kill two in Bangalore, hub of India's technology industry.
- May 13, 2008: Seven bombs hit crowded markets and streets outside Hindu temples in Jaipur, killing 80.
- Aug. 25, 2007: 43 people killed by three explosions at park and street-side food stall in Hyderabad.
- May 18, 2007: Bomb during Friday prayers at historic mosque in Hyderabad kills 11 worshippers. Police later fatally shoot five people during clashes with Muslims protesting attack.
- Feb. 19, 2007: Train heading from India to Pakistan torn apart by two bombs, sparking fire that kills 68.
- July 11, 2006: Seven blasts rip through rail stations and commuter trains in Mumbai, killing 187.
- March 7, 2006: Three explosions rock Hindu temple and train station in Hindu holy city of Varanasi, killing 20.
- Oct. 29, 2005: 62 killed by three blasts at markets in New Delhi ahead of Hindu holiday of Diwali.