Minimal Damage Caused in Friday Apartment Fire

By: 13 news
By: 13 news

Firefighters were called to an apartment fire early Friday morning in Topeka. Police received the call around four in the morning that there was smoke throughout an apartment building at the 1200 block of S.W. Topeka Blvd.

Authorities say residents of one apartment wanted to warm their home more quickly and left the burners on their stove and went to bed. They were woken up by the smell of smoke a little while later. They did not realize they had left a pan with grease in it sitting on the stove which caught fire.

Residents of the building were evacuated. Firefighters were able to put the flames out in 10 minutes. Minimal damage was caused.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 34117524