(AP) Would-be cleaners take note: A blowtorch is not a good substitute for a broom.
Coweta County authorities say Galen Winchell set fire to his west Georgia home Wednesday as he cleaned cobwebs from exterior eaves with a blowtorch. Winchell noticed the blaze when he saw smoke pouring from the attic.
Coweta Fire Investigator James Gantt says the fire was contained to one part of the house, but the entire home had smoke and water damage.
No one was hurt. No phone number was listed for Winchell.
Information from: The Times-Herald, http://www.times-herald.com
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.