Microwave Odor Causes Evacuation of Eisenhower Building

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

A strange odor brought fire crews to the Eisenhower building in Topeka Tuesday morning.

Authorities say they were called to 700 Southwest Harrison just before 8 a.m. Tuesday.

The odor sparked concern, so workers had evacuated themselves.

Turns out, a microwave on the 13th floor caused the commotion.

The scene was cleared a short time later.

631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 33480284 - wibw.com/a?a=33480284
Gray Television, Inc.