Fire crews were called to 2300 South East Virginia shortly before eleven this morning. Vehicles were inside the shop when the fire started. No word yet on damage estimates. The fire is believed to be accidental.
Captain Martin Gray said the fire got into the crawl space, making it hard to get water onto the fire.
Gray said that the flammable materials inside the shop may have also made it harder to get the fire under control.
Fire crews sprayed foam on the building to ensure that the flames would not return.
Investigators were on scene but could not immediately enter the structure because the walls of the building were unstable.