(AP) Authorities in southwest Missouri say a TV remote control probably triggered an explosion that destroyed a Christian County home on Tuesday morning.
The only person in the home at the time, Cindy Curry, 66, was blown outside but had only minor injuries. Firefighters said it's amazing she survived at all.
Curry's husband, Jerry, said he smelled propane gas in the 10-year-old house late Monday. But the smell was gone Tuesday morning, so he went out to have breakfast with friends.
His wife then turned on the TV, and Billings Fire Chief Henry Bos said it appears the remote control ignited propane still in the house.
The couple lost two of their dogs and a bird.
Information from: KOLR-TV, http://www.kolr10.com
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.