TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (AP) -- Authorities say a U.S. hotelier kidnapped a week ago has been freed.
Security Vice Minister Mario Perdomo says 55-year-old Thomas Jacobson was released by his captors Saturday in Copan, about 250 miles (400 kilometers) west of Tegucigalpa, the capital.
He says he doesn't know if a ransom was paid.
Perdomo said Sunday that the businessman "is at home ... and in good health."
Four gunmen accosted Jacobson Sept. 20 as he was getting into a car with his young son at his Gran Hotel Sula on the Atlantic Coast. The son escaped.
Jacobson has lived in Honduras for 15 years. Authorities did not release his hometown in the U.S. He is among at least 40 businessmen who have been kidnapped in the country so far this year.
Click here for copyright permissions!
Copyright 2008 Associated Press