HUTCHINSON, Kan. - The first farmers’ market held in about 15 years at the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson will take place on the fairgrounds at 606 Ft. Leavenworth Blvd., during the below dates and times.
· Friday, Sept. 5, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Saturday, Sept. 6, 3-6 p.m.
· Sunday, Sept. 7, 3-6 p.m.
· Monday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Friday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Saturday, Sept. 13, 3-6 p.m.
· Sunday, Sept. 14, 3-6 p.m.
Fruits and veggies, honey, meats, baked goods, flowers and other items will be available at the market. While the market days and times for shopping are listed above, the market booth will be open through all 10 days of the Fair and will provide information on the importance and value of farmers’ markets.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) supports development and education activities to foster community support of local farmers’ markets. KDHE believes that supporting local growers and ranchers builds up local economies, promotes good nutrition, enhances community interactions and is good for the environment.