A North Topeka family's home is severely damaged after fire crews battled flames for hours early Saturday morning.
Fire crews were called out to the1830 NW Tyler around 2:44 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived there was visible smoke and flames. Officials say crews were still dousing the home with water two hours later.
No injuries were reported from the house fire.
The City of Topeka Fire Department Investigtions Unit says the cause of the fire is accidental and associated with the burrning of candle too close to combustable materials.
The total estimated structre damage is $25,000 to $20,000 and $5000 in damage to contents.
The American Red Cross Kansas Capital Area Chapter is assisting the family in need as they recover from the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.