TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Fire officials say fireworks cannot be ruled out as the possible cause of a fire that gutted a garage in central Topeka on Friday.
Firefighters were called to the 1100 block of SW Plass Ave. shortly before 6 pm. They were able to knock down the fire quickly, but not before the garage was destroyed.
The garage was located in an ally behind a house that fire officials say was was vacant. The fire also damaged the outside of a neighboring garage and burned a utility pole in half, cutting power to a couple houses.
Fire officials say the cause is undetermined, but they did find materials from discharged fireworks nearby.
No injuries were reported.
One of our viewers Brandy Stone tweeted us this picture from the scene: