Faulty Water Heater Blamed For Copper Oven Fire

By: Justin Surrency, Carissa Fox, Chris Fisher Email
By: Justin Surrency, Carissa Fox, Chris Fisher Email
More Video...

Fire crews blocked off a portion of Southwest Chelsea and 21st to deal with a fire at The Copper Oven late Sunday evening.

Fire officials said that several trucks dealt with the fire that began inside The Copper Oven at around 9:30 p.m. They say the flames were extinguished shortly before 10 p.m.

The City of Topeka Fire Department Investigation Unit said the fire was accidental in nature, and came from a malfunction of the natural gas water heater located in the attic of the building.

Total damages are $50,000. $25,000 in damages to both the building and it's contents.

The bakery was closed during the time of the blaze. No injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 253143531 - wibw.com/a?a=253143531