TOPEKA, Kansas (WIBW) -- Child care is extremely important to parents all over. Here in Kansas, one organization wants to make quality child care more available, and what better way to raise money than with tours of a big, beautiful home located right here in Topeka?
Several designers showed 13 News what they're working on as part of the 2014 Designers' Showhouse, a fundraiser for Child Care Aware of Eastern Kansas.
This year's show house is located at 3320 SW Spring Creek Place in Topeka.
After design work is completed, the house will be open for tours from April 12 - May 11, 2014.
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Easter Sunday
Advance tickets are $9 and $10 at the door.
The last tour starts 30 minutes before closing. Children under the age of 8 are not permitted.
Tour guests can enjoy a catered lunch Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Lunch is $9 per person. Reservations are encouraged; call 785-440-4519.
Groups of 10 or more can enjoy a tour for a reduced rate during normal hours. Special guided tours are also available by appointment. Call 785-440-4519 for more information.
2014 Designers’ Showhouse Design Spaces
(In order by the way visitors will be touring the home.)
1. Dining Room- Jill Miller, Carpet One® Floor and Home
2. Second Floor Sitting Area- Jan Davis, Jan Davis Interiors
3. North Bedroom Suite- Brandi Bryan, Carpet One® Floor and Home
4. Southwest Bedroom Suite- Jennifer Anderson, Stable House 3400 and Simply Amish
5. Southeast Bedroom Suite- Russell G. Meens, Russell Meens Carpentry
6. Upstairs Full Bath- Danielle Snell
7. Den- Dan Brungardt, Home at Last
8. Master Suite- Chris & John Grandmontagne, Grandmontagne Designs and Warehouse 414
9. Great Room- Susan Anderson, Fabulous Interiors
10. Family Room- Leslie Hunsicker, Leslie Hunsicker Interiors
11. Kitchen- Lorrie Dickey, Kitchen Designer-Lowe’s Home Improvement Center
12. Laundry Room- Angela Dake, Angela’s Window Fashion
13. Outdoor Areas- Put together by multiple people, but our Showhouse Coordinator might be able to conduct the interview for these areas.
The Designers' Showhouse is an annual event that raises money for ERC Resource & Referral, Inc. It offers programs and services that aim to improve the quality and accessibility of child care for area working families. The Designers' Showhouse is put on by the agency, a local homeowner, designers and craftsmen that transforms a selected home for public tours and activities.