This week’s featured vehicle has been changed to a 1995 green Dodge Caravan. It was reported stolen from the 2100 block of SW Potomac between 4:30 p.m. on April 27 and 4:30 a.m. on April 28.
It is all green with tan from the bottoms of the doors on down. There is a New Orleans Saints flag on the antenna, a New Orleans Saints front vanity tag and a New Orleans Saints sticker on the back window.
The vehicle had a Kansas tag of XKG 846 when stolen and the last four-digits of the VIN are 6666. Anyone with information on the theft of this vehicle or any others is asked to call detectives at 368-9400.
Things you can do to help prevent auto theft:
· Never leave your motor running when unattended. This is one of the easiest ways to lose your vehicle, i.e. warm-up thefts on cold mornings, a quick trip into the store, etc.
· Don't loan your car to a stranger or casual acquaintance. Good intentions can result in the theft of your vehicle.
· If you have a garage, use it, and remove the key! If you don't have a garage, park in a driveway instead of the street if possible.
· Steering wheel or steering-column collar locks make visible deterrents, as well as mechanical challenges.
· Never leave a spare key in the vehicle and don’t leave the title in the car.
· Keep valuables out of sight, i.e. cellular phones, pagers, backpacks, purses, CDs, valuable clothing, etc. Valuables in plain view are an open invitation for thieves.