- As recent as Monday, it seemed as if not everybody was on board with the proposed Oakland Neighborhood Plan, but once council took the issue to vote, the ordinance passed unanimously.
- In 16 years, cancer will become the leading cause of death in the United States, surpassing heart disease, according to a new report from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Police responding to a report of a burglary in progress arrested the father, 32-year-old Adam Branstetter, as the 32-year-old emerged from the house with an electronic cable in his hand and his son by his side.
- Osage City city council members voted Tuesday night to accept state grant funding for a couple improvement projects at the community's airport. However, some residents are frustrated at lack of progress on a larger expansion effort.
- President Obama tried a new venue to pitch the Affordable Care Act to young Americans: a web comedy show. The president sat down with comedian and actor Zach Galifianakis on "Between Two Ferns."