WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) -- A Hutchinson man is recovering after a venomous snake bite at Cheney Reservoir.
Grady Kornelson said he was getting out of the water at Haven Cove Friday night when he felt the snake bite, release, and start swimming toward his fiancé and daughter.
"I yelled for them to get out of the water because I'd been bitten," said Kornelson.
He said once he verified that he'd been bitten, a tourniquet was tied around his arm, and he called the hospital to inform them he was on his way with a snake bite.
Kornelson said he was admitted to ICU Friday night. The hospital released him on Monday just before noon after five rounds of antivenom and pain management.
"When swelling and pain were at acceptable levels," he said.
13 NEWS sister-station KWCH checked with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism who says Kornelson may have been bitten by a rattlesnake.