TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- A natural gas leak Monday morning forced the evacuation of several homes in central Topeka.
Authorities say the line was ruptured shortly before 9 a.m. when a backhoe struck it. They line was struck in front of the home at 2325 SW Boswell, just south of Washburn University.
A spokesperson for Kansas Gas Service, Dawn Tripp, told 13 NEWS five homes in the area were temporarily evacuated as a result of the break.
Tripp said there was no interruption to customers' service. She estimated the line would be repaired by early Monday afternoon.