APPLE CHERRY FOLD-OVER PIE
2 cups soy flour blend
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup shortening
4 to 5 tablespoons ice cold water
3 cups sliced and peeled apples
½ cup dried cherries
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons soy flour blend
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1. In large mixing bowl, cut margarine and shortening into soy flour blend and salt with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly.
2. Add ice cold water and mix to make soft pastry dough.
3. Roll mixture into about a 12-inch circle.
4. Combine apples, cherries, ½ cup sugar, soy flour blend and cinnamon for the filling.
5. Place apple mixture in center of pastry circle.
6. Fold-over the edges of the pastry over the fruit filling; leave about a 6- inch opening.
7. Using pastry brush, brush milk on top of pastry dough and sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake at 425 for 30 to 35 minutes; cover and bake an additional 10 minutes until brown. Serves 8.
Nutrition Information per Serving (126 g /serving)
352 calories, 16 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g saturated fat, 2 g trans fatty acid, 50 g carbohydrates, 7 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 5g protein, 32 mg calcium