TPD investigating how 2-year-old girl ingested meth

By  | 

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) A 2-year-old girl is in the hospital after police said she tested positive for methamphetamine.

According to Lt. Andrew Beightel, officers were called to the Stormont-Vail Emergency Room around 5:30 p.m. Thursday on a report of a child who had ingested a substance. Beightel said doctors told police tests came back positive for meth, and the girl was going to be okay.

Detectives were called to the 300 block of SW Taylor to investigate a location where the incident reportedly occurred.

Beightel says the case is still under investigation and no arrests have been made.

This is a developing story. We'll have updates on 13 NEWS and here on WIBW.com as they become available.