Two Manhattan residents are dead, a third hospitalized, all victims of carbon monoxide.
When a roommate returned home from work Sunday night...he encountered a scene he would have never imagined.
The Riley county police along with emergency personnel arrived at a home in Riley County shortly before midnight Sunday night.
When police arrived they found 3 victims unresponsive. Inside the garage, a car that was left on spewing carbon monoxide gas into the home.
25 year old Jamie Lee Elliot was pronounced dead at the scene, 22 year old Lashawn Michael Veal was pronounced dead later at the hospital and 22 year old Maria April Hightower survived and remains in the hospital.
It is unclear at this time who the car belonged to and how long it was running----carbon monixide levels at the duplex next door were minor.
The investigation is still ongoing, but by the initial findings it appears to be an accidental case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.