Victims of Carbon Monoxide

By: Stephanie Ramos-Tomeoni Email
By: Stephanie Ramos-Tomeoni Email

Two Manhattan residents are dead, a third hospitalized, all victims of carbon monoxide.

When a roommate returned home from work Sunday night...he encountered a scene he would have never imagined.

The Riley county police along with emergency personnel arrived at a home in Riley County shortly before midnight Sunday night.

When police arrived they found 3 victims unresponsive. Inside the garage, a car that was left on spewing carbon monoxide gas into the home.

25 year old Jamie Lee Elliot was pronounced dead at the scene, 22 year old Lashawn Michael Veal was pronounced dead later at the hospital and 22 year old Maria April Hightower survived and remains in the hospital.

It is unclear at this time who the car belonged to and how long it was running----carbon monixide levels at the duplex next door were minor.

The investigation is still ongoing, but by the initial findings it appears to be an accidental case of carbon monoxide poisoning.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 103889444 - wibw.com/a?a=103889444
Gray Television, Inc.