A couple weeks ago on 13 News, we reported a power outage in Topeka in the area of 10th and Gage to Fairlawn. Turned out, it was sparked by a squirrel. Some in the newsroom found this a bit odd, so I told them how we've had this happen probably about five times at our house since we've lived there. The squirrel hits a certain spot on the line between our house and our neighbor's house, there's a loud boom, and the lights go off. Well, wouldn't you know it - it happened again this morning. The alarm had just gone off for my husband, he'd hit the snooze button and thought he'd catch a few more minutes of sleep, when the cat that had moved up to the head of the bed sprang up and dug his claws into my back in taking a nice leap across the room - we didn't hear the boom this time, but he evidently did! A look outside revealed what we suspected - poor little squirrel! These outages affect only four houses, so it's not a huge deal (well, for our four houses it's an inconvenience!). The Westar repairman came out about an hour and a half later and got the power back on. "A squirrel got on there," he said. We told him we know - it's happened several times. He says he'll put a note on the paperwork to see if they can put some squirrel deterrent on the line to prevent it from happening again. For the squirrels' sakes, I hope so.