Snow Crab Risotto
Read More Blogs
From Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2012 Issue
Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
4 ½ cups chicken stock, divided use
2 Tbs. olive oil
3 Tbs. chopped shallots
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1 cup white wine
1 tsp. sea or kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
1 cup 1/8-inch-thick-sliced portabella mushrooms
½ cup Hy-Vee Italian stewed tomatoes, chopped
1 ½ cup snow crab, cooked, shelled and chopped
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided use
½ cup finely chopped Italian parsley
1. Pour chicken stock in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer; cover and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add rice and stir to coat with oil. Cook until the rice becomes slightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir until wine is evaporated. Add 1 cup hot stock, salt and black pepper to rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Add another cup of stock, stirring constantly until absorbed.
4. Add basil, mushrooms, tomatoes and 2 cups stock. Stir slowly until stock is absorbed. Add the crab and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Rice will be done when cooked on the outside with a slight “crunch” in the middle.
5. Add 1/2 cup stock and remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and divide evenly among 6 bowls. Garnish each bowl with remaining cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 – one cup each
Nutrition information per serving: 420 calories, 53 g carbs, 60 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber, 9 g fat, 25 g protein, 3.5 saturated fat, 1180 mg sodium, 2 g sugar, 0 g trans fats