I love HGTV. One of the shows I've recently found myself glued to the screen for is The Stagers. People who are trying to sell their homes pay professionals to come in and make the place appear more aesthetically desirable to prospective buyers. Love it. And often times it really does make the home not just more sellable, but the price people are willing to pay is often higher.
Drew just bought his first house and a member of my family recently said they're thinking of putting their's on the market. With all this moving going on, I decided to share these "5 Easy Ways to Sell Your Home Faster" from Yahoo.com
1. If you do only two things before showing your house, clean and clean some more. People want to come into a space and visualize themselves living there, and if there are spills on the table, toys on the floor, and dog mess everywhere, people can't focus on the space.
2. Accentuate the positive, camouflage the negative. If you have large windows or a great view, hang long, simple curtains to accentuate them. If you have spacious rooms, remove any too-bulky furniture or unnecessary pieces that would make the space feel cramped.
3. Appeal to the widest possible audience. If you have a hot pink accent wall, paint over it with a more neutral shade that matches the other walls. Pack away that collection of Star Wars figurines. Stash kids' toys or dog toys in another room.
4. Create a welcoming environment. You want buyers to make an emotional connection to your home. Replace dim light bulbs with new ones and make sure there is a pleasant, but not overpowering, smell in the house.
5. Develop a quick-clean plan for last-minute showings. You never know when a realtor may have an interested client, so it's important to have a speedy cleaning plan for spontaneous appointments. Invest in a nice-looking storage trunk for stashing day-to-day clutter in a hurry.
Designed by Gray Digital Media