TOPEKA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library’s Digital Branch, www.tscpl.org
“Work on a redesign has been underway for about a year, and we’re excited to finally provide you with a cleaner, more intuitive Digital Branch from where you can easily access all that the library has to offer,” said David King, Digital Services and Branch Manager.
The library calls its website the Digital Branch Library because customers can do almost everything on our site that they can do in the physical building.
“That is the promise we make to you as we roll out the redesigned tscpl.org,” King said.
Some saw a sneak peek on the library’s social networking profiles early last week, and the reviews have been positive so far.
The redesigned site offers customers:
• Easy-to-find bestsellers and other popular new releases displayed on a virtual bookshelf.
• Videos, photos and blogs to help you relive programs you enjoyed or those you might have missed
• Music files, e-books, audiobooks and even video for your portable media device or smartphone. Start at www.tscpl.org
• Ability to reserve a meeting room online.
• Instant message with a librarian (during library hours)
Our site’s navigation is now clearer and will drop down to reveal all the services, programs and collections we provide – as well as a link to our catalog(look under Find Stuff). Below the navigation, see important messages, stories, blogs and reviews from your librarians.
Some of the best library stories will be “featured” on the Home page and can be viewed by clicking on the large Home page graphics or three smaller ones.