TOPEKA -- Your Topeka library is now more convenient and user-friendly – if that’s possible – when you download the “Topeka Library” mobile application.
Access the latest books, DVDs, music and games; place a hold on desired items; renew your stuff; and find a bookmobile stop and book drop wherever you are. Have our social media pages and a calendar of library events at your fingertips.
User-friendly and convenient, this app could come in handy for a myriad of reasons.
• You realize the books in your car are due today. Where is the closest book return? Look it up on the app. It is possible to renew the books you want through the Topeka Library app. The ones that can’t be renewed can be put in the book return.
• You hear about a book on the radio and want to read it. Look it up on the Topeka Library app to see if the library has that title. If they are all checked out, you can place your name on the list for a copy.
• Someone asks a question in your carpool group. You can use the Topeka Library app to contact the library to get the answer to the question.
• You are at the bank and want to get cash to pay your late fees at the library. Look at your account on the Topeka Library app to see how much you owe.
• Your wife or child has wanted to read a book and can’t recall if she placed a request. You connect to your account on the Topeka Library app and see a list of items your family has on hold. It’s not in the list. You search the catalog, find the title and place it on hold – all in about one minute’s time.
[cid:image002.jpg@01CBB19B.BE52411F]Download the library’s app, try it and tell us what you think. You can send feedback via the app in our “What’s Missing?” section.
This app complements the digital offerings at the library, including our website or Digital Branch. Key parts of tscpl.org’s content are available through the library’s app, providing access in a quick and convenient manner to our website that’s designed to be viewed on a larger screen. If a member needs to use aspects from the full Digital Branch, it is easy to go there.
“As a local leader in technology and ease-of-use concepts, it simply makes sense for the library to have our own mobile phone app. Not everyone will use this, but for those who do, I predict it will be very popular,” Deputy Director Rob Banks said.
The app is free and powered by Boopsie (http://worldcat.boopsie.com/home/index.html). It runs on the following systems: Windows Mobile, palm, BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, Symbian Series 60 3rd Edition and Java J2ME CLDC/1.1 MIDP/2.0.
The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is a 21st-century, landmark library, and features the Alice C. Sabatini Art Gallery, the Millennium Café, Chandler Booktique, meeting rooms, and free computer and Internet access and training.
Library hours are weekdays from 9am to 9 pm, Sat. 9am to 6pm and Sunday Noon till 9:00pm.