This Week’s Hot Jobs!
For further assistance, contact Topeka Workforce Center
1430 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka. PH: 785-235-5627 for assistance.
See www.kansasworks.com for complete job details!
Call toll-free: 1-877-509-6757
Hot Job #1:
Company: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Topeka
Position: Case Manager
Energetic Case Manager needed to provide match support for children and mentors in community and school setting. Prefer degree in Social Science or related field, excellent people skills, assessment experience and understanding of child/family dynamics. Bonus for Spanish Speaking individuals.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to Bianca Rodriguez by mail, e-mail or in person to 1119 SW 10th Ave. Suite 3 66604 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Job #2:
Company: Foley Equipment
Position: Machine Training Instructor
Prepare and conduct company training programs for the development and growth of employees and the attainment of organizational strategic growth.
• Minimum qualifications: Research, plan, organize, prepare and conduct training programs, seminars, and conferences
• Prepare and distribute instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids
• Provide training in such a way to stimulate and motivate attendees.
• Schedule and prepare the physical setup for training
• Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand work performed
• Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner
• Formulate and determine effective instructional methods
• Test trainees and/or progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training
To Apply: Visit http://www.foleyeq.com
Hot Job #3:
Position: Customer Service Representative
• Answer phones and respond to customer requests
• Sell product and place customer orders in computer system
• Provide customers with product and service information
• Up-sell products and services. Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
• Follow-up on customer inquires not immediately resolved
• Qualifications: Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills, HS diploma or GED
• Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
• Professional verbal and written communication skills, type 25 wpm, 1-3 years of office experience
• Superior Customer Service Skills, 3 months of prior customer service experience
• Flexibility is a MUST
To Apply: Apply at www.kansasworks.com or in-person at Alorica, 115 S.W. 29th Street, Topeka, their Job Fair begins at 10am Wednesday, November 16th!
Hot Job #4:
Company: Kansas Board of Regents
Position: Associate Director of Career Technical Education
Works closely with the Director of Federal Initiatives for Technical Education to implement and support the Carl D. Perkins statewide plan. The Associate Director will support institutions delivering Perkins approved technical programs, support the workforce development unit's grant procurement agenda, and serve as liaison and technical assistance for Perkins Program Improvement Grant.
Qualifications: A minimum of three years full-time administrative experience in a workforce training environment, or a combination of five years experience in project administration and postsecondary education is required as are previous experience and success with grant writing, reporting and grant management. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required.
To Apply: A letter of application, current resume, and contact information for three professional references should be sent, preferably as MS Word attachments, to 561HR@ksbor.org , or in hard copy form to the Human Resources Office, Kansas Board of Regents, 1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520, Topeka, Kansas 66612-1368.
Hot Job #5:
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
Position: Part-time Benefit and Performance Auditor
The incumbent assists with the conduct of benefit and performance audits, financial audits, account audits, contract audits, BT (benefit type) audits, Membership audits, and special reviews in accordance with the Corporate Audit Charter. The incumbent receives direction from the Senior Benefit & Performance Auditor, the Manager, Benefit and Performance Audit and the Corporate Audit Master Plan.
The incumbent performs duties within a comprehensive program for purposes of (1) determining the presence and effectiveness of internal controls, management controls, and operational controls associated with corporate and subsidiary business transaction processing procedures; (2) determining compliance with corporate policies, procedures, contracts, standards and administrative guidelines, Account requirements, Control Plans' requirements, and relevant laws; (3) evaluate the efficiencies and economies of operations; (4) communicating audit and special review, conditions, findings, and recommendations to the Manager, Benefit and Performance Audit, General Auditor, and Corporate Management.
• Qualifications: Minimum of six (6) college credit hours in accounting courses and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university; general training and experience in, general business practices and procedures; accounting; auditing; business methods and procedure development; and data processing concepts. The incumbent should possess training, and/or practical experience in applying: audit standards; statistics and related analytical methods.
To Apply: www.bcbsks.com